Wednesday, April 26, 2017

How to Be Patient

Everyone is waiting for something. Christian or not we all have to be patient at sometime or another. Unfortunately most of us are not very good at it, my self included.

Any time I think of being patient, I think of fishing... I HATE fishing. I like the results, but I'm not a big fan of the process. I mean it takes HOURS to catch ONE fish. So like most people I go to the market and I profit off of someone else's patience.Or at least we think we are profiting. At the end of the day we are getting one meal and they are getting money they can reinvest into their business. The fishing company probably started out as a small business, and their ability to be patient allowed them to become a big time distributor, but it took TIME. The lesson we pull from this is that we have to be patient,with our family, our spouses, and our faith walks. Actively patient. You aren't doing anyone any good by sitting around stagnantly waiting for your blessing. 

So how do you learn to be patient? You keep yourself busy in the process. Hustle while you wait. As a small business owner I am getting first hand experience with this. I get discouraged and there are times I want to throw in the towel, because God isn't blessing me on my schedule. I want that check for ten million bucks from a private investor to come in the mail TOMORROW. 

But...

I remember Philippians 4:8, and I refocus. I remember Isaiah 55:8, I take a deep breath, I push myself to trust his timing, and I move forward in obedience. I keep going to vending events even though I don't get and orders or donations. I keep going to networking events, even though I don't feel up to par with anyone in the room. I keep doing free giveaways and Facebook promotions, because I know that my obedience WILL pay off. I capture all my negative thoughts and I make them obedient to Christ (2 Cor. 10:5). He is my provider and I have to rest in that promise, even when my human logic tells me otherwise. 


Rest in his promise, and hustle while you wait.



Orianna





No comments:

Post a Comment